Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our first Young mother's tea or fellowship

God has made it possible for me to make friendships with several young mothers. And it didn't take me very long to realize how much they really needed fellowship and friends. Village life is hard and some of them don't have a very pretty life. This past Tues. evening we had our first young ladies tea. I invited all that I could think of and they were happy to come. We plan on meeting once a month. My summer is very busy with children's ministry, so pray that I will be able to keep up with it all. We made two different kinds of cookies and then shared receipts and had pizza and tea. Then we had a time of sharing prayer request. Several of the ladies shared from the heart. Then I had everyone pray for the lady next to them. God came in a special way and I know hearts were touched. The best part is, this are not just church ladies, half of them do not go to church regularly. Please pray that we will be able to see some of these ladies come to know the Saviour. We had a great time and are looking forward to our next meeting.


No comments: