Friday, March 13, 2009

WHAT A DAY!!!

This picture was actually taken when we were living in Nova Odessa, but it is how I feel after the last day and a half. If you are a mom you should appreciate this story. Thursdays is what we call our "busy day". Maybe that is an understatement, but for lack of a better term, that's what we call it. I teach a lady English at 7am and then come home to start the day, which includes homeschooling my two kids, making sure all the things get done around the house, prepare for the weekly Kid's Club in Kanyazachee,study my stories, and cook meals. Then I have to load up everything I need and get it all loaded into the van and leave the house by 3:30 at the latest. I usually have a few kids that want to come with me, but this week I have to say "NO", because of disobedience last week. So I was already feeling like the mean, bad missionary. My kids were helping me load everything, and I asked Jess if she had the keys, and she said yes. I didn't think to ask her which keys she had, and I promptly locked the house and headed out to start the van. Then Jessica realized that she didn't have her music for piano lessons and I looked at my key ring and realized that I didn't have the right key to get back in the house. But we had the van key and we headed on to Kid's Club. I will admit I can be a little scatterbrained at times, but the Lord really helped us in the children's service and things went smoother than I thought they would. Jessica went ahead and had a lesson without music( good thing that she had most of her songs memorized). And our national pastor actually had a spare set of keys to our house. Thank the Lord things were going to work out. I have already shown you what our roads look like, now that it is starting to warm up. Yes, you guessed it, I had to 4 wheel drive to get off our street, if you can call a mud trail a street. But coming back home was not so smooth going. We got stuck, and I don't mean a little bit. We really did a good job, and the van wasn't going anywhere. It was a good thing that we didn't have far to walk to get home, because we had to carry all the supplies with us. What a day! My bed looked pretty nice, and I was tired. My story doesn't end here. At 3am I woke up with a jolt and realized that my little boy was very sick. Yes, I mean puking sick. We got him out of bed so at least I didn't have to change the bedding. But I did mop and scrub the floor and at 3am and you wouldn't believe the things that go though one's head at that time in the morning. Like how does one get puke out of the cracks in a wooden floor? And why don't dads ever clean up puke,(like Jason even could since he is in Siberia) and why do kids usually puke at night. Like I said it was a day. Thanks for praying for this crazy missionary.

7 comments:

~Regina~ said...

Wow! You did have quite a day! Hopefully today will be better. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great portrait shot, Joanna. Hey, we enjoyed a visit with your dad this week. Now we just need you guys to visit again. We are glad Jason is having a blast.
joseph and christy

Woodard Family said...

Could I swipe this picture to put on the cover of next quarter's Sunday School Lessons?

Julie said...

We're still praying.

Connie Lavy said...

JoAnna,
I forgot that you had a blog. Some of the people at our church were asking about you yesterday and they were wondering how Jason was doing. I'm glad for your posts. I can see God's helping Jason in Siberia. It looks like he's helping you, I just don't know about the picture. lol! I do enjoy your blog and it's great to see how God is working.

Love & Prayers,
Aunt Connie

Anonymous said...

Our church has prayed for you and your children especially while Jason is gone. I'm glad he's watching over you:-)
Naomi Kruse
Wesleyan Bible Church
Phoenix, AZ

Anonymous said...

That is a crazy day. I am glad Jason will be back home next week. I am going to try to call this week. The phone company dosen't have the best rates so I am going to pick up a calling card in town tomorrow. We continue to pray for you daily. Miss you guys!!