Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And the Lord sent Help!!!

A large part of our ministry, as missionaries here in Ukraine, is work with children. This is what I love!!! This is why God put me here. And honestly I would rather do children's ministry than anything else in the world. But when it comes right do to it, Children's work is just that, Work, and lots of it. The summer is the busiest time of the year and when Jason, Katrina and I sat down to plan out the summer we wondered how we were going to get it all done. And then the Lord sent help. There is something so wonderful in just saying that, " And then the Lord." We didn't plead, or beg. God just sent them, and they obeyed. PTL Thanks for answering His call, all of you. Night before we head to southern Ukraine for our first 3 VBSs. My mom always did say I waited until the last minute to get things done. Well, Mom, we did get it all done. I guess God could tell I needed help.Thanks to all of you who sent craft supplies. It was such a blessing!


Here is Stepon, one of our translators, and Jeff Duddek explaining the plan of Salvation.
Here is Tonya Duddek, Jeff's wife, hard at work. Her and her husband have come from Colorado Springs. They also brought there two children.

Vita is telling a story. She is Stepon's wife. They are a Christian Ukrainian couple that have come to work as translators this summer.
And it look like some of our help needs HELP!!!! Actually Jeff A. you made a wonderful Mr. Did YOU KNOW.
Jeff and Stephannie Appling came here from Colorado Springs, as well. They brought their three children on this trip. Thanks for coming and helping!
Artyom used to be one of our "kids" from Nova Odessa. He has now graduated from high school and is doing his best to serve the Lord. His future is a little uncertain right now, but he will be living with us for a while and has been a BIG help already with the summer ministry.

I don't have a picture of our wonderful friend Katrina, or her friend Faith right now. So I will post those for you later. Thanks everyone that has helped, and is still helping. We are just getting started and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us this summer.






1 comment:

Iva Miller said...

I got goosebumps reading through all your VBS posts. I am so glad for your work and your faith and love. It's a blessing to see Christian love in action and seeing God at work changing lives! We praise the Lord with you and will continue to pray for you! Love, Iva